Top Ways to Protect Your New Car Warranty in Brisbane
20 November 2017
Prestige Car Removal Brisbane offers the following suggestions on how to protect your new car warranty.
- Be sure to follow all maintenance schedules
Maintenance schedules are set for a reason; it is important at that milestone in your car’s life that maintenance is performed.
- Be sure that you have all maintenance & repairs completed by a qualified mechanic
Having your car repaired and serviced by a qualified and authorised mechanic or shop and to be sure that only original parts for your car are used will help to ensure your warranty stays intact.
- Using the right fuel
Using the right fuel in your car is essential for the life of its engine and to keep your warranty valid. The damage that occurs to the engine due to wrong or low-quality liquids and oils will not be covered by your warranty.
- Do not modify the vehicle’s structure
If the structure of the vehicle is modified in any way, the dealer can deny the warranty for the car.
- Don’t make performance upgrades
The warranty for a car covers its parts. If the parts are modified, its warranty will be void.
- Do not use the car for other purposes than what it was built for
Using your car for other purposes than what it was built for is misusing your car. If you have an on-road car, don’t use it for off-roading, don’t put more weight on the car than its capacity, etc.
- Never use aftermarket or counterfeit parts & kits
Do not use counterfeit or aftermarket parts or kits or it will void your warranty.
- Keep your car protected from the environment
If your car is damaged in a flood, earthquake, storm, or some other type of natural disaster your warranty will not cover the damages.
- Do not alter your odometer
If you disconnect, replace, or tamper with your odometer, you will void your warranty.
- Be sure to keep records of all services and repairs completed on the car
Always keep records of all repairs and services completed on the car. If you have done any DIY repairs, keep all the receipts of the fluids and parts for the car repairs.
When having your car repaired at the dealership or by an authorised mechanic always be sure that you follow your scheduled maintenance services and that you obtain receipts.